Friday, August 24, 2012

Living Christ

I was lying in bed wondering why it is that Christians, those who claim to love and follow Christ (which is what a Christian means - to believe in and exemplify Jesus Christ), can't "stay saved" as we like to say? Why is it that they can be the most Holy Ghost sanctified person on Sunday, but come Monday they're life screams Holy who?! Filled with what?! And it came to me. It's because in today's culture (really church culture) Jesus can really only be found at church. They tell you to come to "The house of God" (which is funny because the Bible says, "This is what the Lord says:'Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things,and so they came into being?'" Isaiah 66:1) and that's where you can meet Jesus. That's where you'll get your deliverance, freedom, healing...etc. The devil is a liar! If I now have Jesus living inside of me and The Bible says, "...the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4) then why do I need to go anywhere or do anything to get deliverance... outside of being obedient to the one on the inside, the one in whom I now have life? This is why Christians can't "stay saved." Few are telling us that our deliverance doesn't lie in what we do, but in what He already did over 2,000 years ago. We need to now be teaching each other to live in the faith of what Jesus did for us and that is where true victory lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment